Indies First on Small Business Saturday.
Tomorrow we will be celebrating Small Business Saturday and Indies First with giveaways and discounts. Find more information on what we’ll have going on here.
Why Shop Local?
That’s a good question so we have put together just a few of the reasons shopping local is good for us all.
• Spend $100 at a local business and $68 of that stays in our community. Spend the same $100 at a chain, and our community only sees $43.
• Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
• Independent businesses collect state sales tax, which is reinvested in communities and bolsters state budget deficits.
• Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
• Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify our community.
• Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
• Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
• More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.